Authors

My photo
I am the CEO of BigDeals101.com, a songwriter and Author. I come on here to vent sometimes as well as to give tips on how to save money during the recession and will post funny stuff occasionally. I always have alot going on at once. I am a Jack(Jane) of all trades and master of...(some). I do graphic design and web as well, of course your girl can sing (it helps when writing music) and I am trying to find the best way to survive this recession without working for the man. I am a saggitarius, 5'8", african american, LOL I know this is not a personal ad but i'd like you to know who you're talking to or reading about. Thanks for stopping by. Tootles and happy saving.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Editor's Thoughts.

I wonder, how many people actually care about saving money during the recession? It seems like everyone would be interested, no one likes to over spend and then find out from a friend that there was in fact a discount floating around somewhere for that same item (doh!).

I wonder how many people actually know that there are in fact exclusive online discounts, where you can't find them anywhere else. Not in stores or newspaper coupons. Online only! We have them but I guess our biggest challenge at BigDeals101.com is finding a way to tell people about them. How do we get people to visit our site and save their own money? Think, Think, Think...

Aside from me writing in my blog everytime I remember to, and telling a few people by word of mouth, I know what I should do, but we are in the business of saving money, not spending it (all!) so printed flyers (eeek), magazine ad's (ugh), Radio Promo's (I'm fainting at the thought) Facebook, Twitter, blogging, craigslist (ummmmmm-i guess) But I need people to realize that saving money is the greatest thing there is (since this world runs on money- depressing) and one way to start is by seeking discounts and such.

My site is totally free to the user. Now, how to reel them in (and save their lives)?

LaToya Powell
Editor/President/CEO
BigDeals101.com

Signing out.

1 comment:

  1. So...I'm really upset. I am going to go out on a limb and say that you make more money than me. And that's devastating, because after reading some of your blog entries, I don't know how you get off feeding common sense to people. Then it hit me: they're hungry for it. It's a world full of baby birds, and you're volunteering to chew their food up for them. It's saddening. But...I found what you do mildly interesting, so I came up with some things for you to advise people to do to save money in the kitchen:

    1-when the milk goes bad, make it into cottage cheese

    2-when the cottage cheese goes bad, make it into yogurt

    3-this is a stretch but add a can of beefaroni over the top of a frozen pizza when it's got about 5-7 minutes left in the cooking process. It's a cheap way to add toppings and thus limit everyone's slice consumption

    4-create a garden in your yard and use any spoiled produce from the kitchen as fertilizer.

    5-grapes are cheaper than jelly. try a peanut butter and grape sandwich

    6-my personal fave: poor man's spaghetti...ramen noodles (no flavor) and ketchup

    7-eat cereal with a fork to save the milk

    ReplyDelete