Authors

My photo
I am the CEO of BigDeals101.com, a songwriter and Author. I come on here to vent sometimes as well as to give tips on how to save money during the recession and will post funny stuff occasionally. I always have alot going on at once. I am a Jack(Jane) of all trades and master of...(some). I do graphic design and web as well, of course your girl can sing (it helps when writing music) and I am trying to find the best way to survive this recession without working for the man. I am a saggitarius, 5'8", african american, LOL I know this is not a personal ad but i'd like you to know who you're talking to or reading about. Thanks for stopping by. Tootles and happy saving.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Don't Play Yourself!

Good evening people!

Today I want to talk about frivolous spending. I am only going to touch on it vaguely for the simple fact that "Frivolous Spending" is a a broad topic and I just don't have the time to cover it all nor do I think you want to be here reading this until your forehead hits the table.

Today we are going to talk about frivolous spending on clothes.

Why oh why do we spend money on clothes that looks good on the racks but doesn't look good on our backs? We like the IDEA of wearing it but when we actually put it on it's another story. Most of the time some of us are in such a rush we don't actually try it on until we get home!
By the time we do that, we realize our catastrophic mistake too late and we're too tired to go back to the store to exchange for a bigger or smaller size (usually a bigger size), too much traffic on the road and in the mall to even entertain the idea, or our schedules just wont allow it.
You end up saying, "Whatever, I'll just take it back the next time I go to the mall." Or my favorite, "I'll loose the weight and fit into it in a few months."

Reality check! Chances are you wont be going back to that mall any time soon and it'll be past the return date if you do. And If you think you're really gonna loose the weight to fit into that top or those jeans, Honey PA-Lease!

If you can loose the weight, all the power to you. Kudos! But many of us try and fail. Studies have shown that 78.9964836% of us ...ok I wont go there. But lets keep it real. Unless you were already on a diet, that top is not cute enough for you to starve yourself. You'll end up saying, "Forget it!" by day 3 of eating wheat grass and celery sticks. All to fit into a pair of jeans? I don't think so. AND by time you do fit into it, the season has changed and you cant wear it ANYWAY! Give it up. Don't waste the money. Either try it on in the store or don't buy it at all!


Here is a way to find out if you have wasted money on clothing.
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you are wasting your money and you need to stop immediately!

  1. Do you have clothes in your closet with the tags still on them?
    (If you just bought them it's ok. If they've been sitting in there for more than 4 weeks, and you're still buying more, you should be ashamed! You're wasting money! Wear what you have. Then go back for more.)
  2. Did you try on a skirt that fits too snug around your midsection, and then lie to yourself that you'll loose the weight in a few weeks, and STILL bought it?
    ( :0( wasting your money)
  3. Did you sadly give your good clothes away to friends or family members because you can't fit them, and they are brand new?
    (UGH, such a waste!)
  4. Did you pass up a cheaper clothing store (Forever 21) for a more expensive one (New York & Co. or BCBG) because you think people will notice?
    (Reality check! Unless people are going to be all up in your neck searching for the tag that says STUPID you just wasted your money, no one is gonna know or care. Stores like Forever 21, Alloy.com , dELiA*s and Wet Seal have cute clothes for much cheaper. Try it)
  5. Do you have 10 of the same shirts in all the colors God has ever created?
    (
    Stop it right now! You don't need 100 of the same tops. How REDUNDANT! THIS people will notice! One maybe two is enough. I can see a black and a white tank top. Maybe 2 shirts, 2 other colors but please, save us and save yourself the aggravation. Save your money. Spend the extra money on a pair of sandals or a nice pair of jeans)

I can go on and on for days but luckily for me, I know when to stop. Please save yourself and save your money. Times are hard.

Signing out. Happy Savings! Tootles. Bigdeals101.com

No comments:

Post a Comment